This has been my recent consideration: do I continue to pursue acting the way that I had planned, or do I get a more reasonable degree and just act in my spare time. I have to consider this quite logically, even though the reasoning might not be all that logical.
- I love acting.
- Acting makes me happy when I have good partners.
- I have never felt more fulfilled in my life, except when working toward figure skating goals.
- Theatre holds people who understand me, who I understand, and with whom I mesh quite well.
- Some of the worst people in my life have come from acting.
- Some of the worst betrayals I’ve experienced have been as a result of these above individuals.
- It’s a lot of work (not that I entirely mind that, just that you don’t get paid for most of said work).
- It’s a lot of time.
- I’m not likely to make a lot of money doing it, barring extreme circumstances.
The reason I’m making these lists:
I’m currently still debating between two focuses for my major in college: Theatre Arts and Creative Writing. I love both, I’m not sure I can decide between them. However, I recently considered the possibility of getting a minor in Accounting. Would it be completely impossible to double-major, as well as minor? Also, if I go to school for Creative Writing with a minor in Accounting, would I still be able to attend a master’s program in acting across the pond, or would that be out of the question if my major and minor were no longer theatre-related?
These are all things I’m currently considering…and I don’t currently have any answers, yet. Finals are accosting me, and I have less than two weeks to pack up an entire room, donate what I no longer need and what won’t fit in my new place, and move. My body has about had it, I’m mentally exhausted and have been for months. I need some time and space to think, and don’t know when I’ll get it.
Apologies to anyone who has read this expecting some kind of semblance of sanity, or a reasonable conclusion, I can currently offer you neither. However, I am hoping that someone may be able to offer me one or other of the above listed endings that I may at least consider them.
Thank you for reading, and have a lovely day.