There are 10 days remaining until the end of the fund-raiser for the Office of Letters and Light, and I’m only about halfway to my goal so here’s my idea: for every increment of $10 donated I will write you something and send it to you. In this instance, for every $10 you donate, I’ll create some fiction for a character with the name of your choosing (could be your name, could be the name of someone you love… or hate, or it could just be a crazy name you want to see in a story). Much like a commission, the rewards will be as follows:
- $0 – $9: A beautiful thank you letter, written in your favorite color of ink, with my quill, and sent to you (or scanned if you prefer not to share your address with a stranger).
- $10 – $19: A character with the name you submit your donation under will be mentioned somewhere in my novel. Fair warning, they may be among the dead as I’ve chosen to write the post-apocalyptic story.
- $20 – $29: A character with the name of your choosing will be mentioned with a short description of who they are and what happened to them (think about 200 words)… Again keep in mind that there will be a LOT of people dying in this story. Sorry about that.
- $30 – $39: A character with the name of your choosing will make a cameo appearance (around 300 words or so) before either leaving or dying.
- $40 – $49: A character with the name of your choosing will appear in a short scene (around 400 – 500 words).
- $50 – $59: Choose your character’s name, whether they live or die, and I shall write them in with one of my main characters for a scene or conversation before leading them to their fate.
- $60 and above: I will email you and discuss further options up to and including a supporting role in the story of the character whose name you will choose depending on how much you donate (each piece will increase by around 100 words for every $10).
All commissions will be delivered by midnight December 1st, PST. I will not be sending you the entire manuscript, mind, only the piece in which your character is featured with a bit of context so that you can grasp what part this character plays in the story. Also, for those who still would like a thank you letter written in your favorite ink, remember to attach an email to your donation.
Thoughts, questions, concerns, or other ideas? Feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading, and have a lovely weekend!