I didn’t know where to address this in either of the other introduction-like pages so I created a second ‘About Me’ page for my purposes here, and this is why:
I suffer from chronic depression.
There, I said it. It’s dealing with (or not dealing with) this illness on a regular basis that is responsible for more of my struggles in life than I would honestly like to admit, which is why I’m finally trying to get better from it or at least learn how to live with it. As a result of my decision to take a more active approach in this matter, more of the posts on this blog will deal with that aspect of my life. It is, after all, my personal blog.
It took me a long time to realize what my symptoms meant, and now that I’ve recognized them for what they are it’s time to overcome this illness – for that is what it is.
For those of my readers who may not be familiar with all of the symptoms (some of them may surprise you), I’ve listed them below care of WebMD:
Depression in Women (from this page):
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex
- Restlessness, irritability, or excessive crying
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness, pessimism
- Sleeping too much or too little, early-morning waking
- Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
- Decreased energy, fatigue, feeling “slowed down”
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions
- Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
At present, I’m trying to get better from depression using SuperBetter.com, which is a place for people who are dealing with all sorts of personal dilemmas (not just for those of us with depression issues). If you feel like there is anything at all in your life that you could benefit from overcoming, I definitely recommend this site. (And if you need an ally, I’m happy to offer you encouragement on your quest. Just leave me a message below with a working email so that I can add you. I’m happy to delete the messages afterwards if you prefer.)
Thanks for reading my About Me II page, and have a lovely day. ^-^